Monday, October 20, 2014

week 13

Dear Friends, 

Okay, first a funny story, and then a sad/learning experience.

So its a French thing to “beezoo” (bisou or un-bisou) I don’t know how to spell it so I’m just going to spell it how it sounds anyways like the whole hug slash high five with your cheeks while making kissy noises thing.  So as missionaries we don’t do it and we really try to avoid them.  I was undefeated I’m very fast to stick my hand out for a handshake.  So we’re teaching a lesson and than the investigator like gives a head nod so I turn to see his daughter is like a foot away from my face and she has caught me.  No turning back I get beezooed agh it was awful elder smith sticks out his hand stops her in her tracks that jerk ahah. 

Ok so as missionaries in Cayenne we fast every third Sunday and first Sunday. The third Sunday is for missionary work anyways.  When we are fasting we start at 2 pm.  We bike all day, and it’s hot, we’re tired and thirsty and then we head back home at night.  Turn on our two fans, which is the only hope we have of staying cool than boom.  Power outage.  No food no water and now no fans.  We ended up sleeping on the tile floor cause it was somewhat cold I threw my sheet in the freezer for an hour but it was de cooled in about two seconds. Then once we were finally asleep in the middle of the night, the lights come on.  It was rough ahah.  But the blessings of the fast were evident: we had 8 investigators at church and 105 people at church total.  It was the most people ever at church in Cayenne.

So i wanted to surprise you all with our first two baptisms of Nelma and Stephanie.  Ever since I got here we have been teaching the two of them. It has been a rollercoaster ride but we had a date set for the 18th.  We were super excited.  Some complications came up and we needed Nelma to talk to a presidency member in Guadeloupe.  But we were determined nothing was going to stop us from getting her to baptism.  After she talked to him he wanted to talk to us.  He told us she was worthy but she had been renting a room from a male member of the branch and he wanted her to move out before baptism. 

Nelma currently has no job or family or anywhere to go.  It was definitely a hard hit. But we are going to make it happen. 

Now that I’m headed into my second transfer i have decided my motto for my mission.  I have loved sports all my life and a slogan that you hear time and time again is plastered in my mind.... Leave no doubt... I have been thinking of this a lot.  Leave no doubt - what does that mean?  The apostle Paul states in timothy almost a biblical or spiritual version of this when he said, “make full proof of your ministry.”  I have tried to really brew the two over in my mind.  Leaving no doubt and making full proof means... The people I meet and talk to need to have no doubt of what I’m here to do.  What type of missionary, man, or person I am.  To make others around me know that I gave it my all that I know I gave it my all and most importantly that my father in heaven knows I gave it my all.  Leaving no doubt does not mean being perfect or doing everything right. To me it means being perfect in trying and doing everything I can right. I hope and pray that we can all do everything our best and leave no doubt either in a spiritual aspect or just in an everyday life aspect.  

Love

Elder Logan Robert Sackley


caught our investigators kitten than thanked him for helping pay for my mission chem dry for life
me and my new friends

a fire in dowtown no one calls the police or fire depratment when something goes bad cause 1 they are illegal or 2 if the fire gets put out than they wont have an excuse not to work
primary program
the cayenne branch!! well some of them

No comments:

Post a Comment