Sunday, April 19, 2015

week 38



haalllo!!
I don't have a lot of time to write this week, as the power went out here...so hopefully I'll get everything down...

There are some weeks in the mission where it's just hard.  Things are just tough, and you're stressed...like you run out of toliet paper, Investigators fall through, and members are upset with one another... you know?  

But I think thats what I have enjoyed most about my mission.(Not the running out of toilet paper...) I think I have really learned to appreciate and enjoy the tough moments. Since playing sports my whole life, I feel like I now am fully understanding the idea that you've got to learn to roll with the punches- the best players or athletes are the ones who can respond to adversity and it is true of missionaries as well! 

You learn the most about a person when they are under pressure and when things go south.  You see what they're made of, and i love that.  As missionaries we ask people to change their lives by repenting and improving themselves.  Perfection was never found in the tri zone or the end zone or on the score board-instead it is found in the weight room, falling down on the squat rack, losing at the last moment, and coming short of a championship.

It's our failures or the hard times that have always pushed us to the achievements that define us.

That's why this week was so good.  Because there were some failures and for sure hard moments that continue to push me to the achievements that will define me-and for that i am always grateful.

My dad sent me a quote and I'm going to steal it because it fits well with my thoughts today: 

The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

That really encompasses perfectly how I feel today.  Don't ever let the lows hold you back but let them push you to the high points.  The tide is turning to the better, and it's time to push forward to perfection.

Elder Logan Robert Sackley


just getting my brazilian cook on

look at those beauties

me and my carnaval doll


My two trainees Elder Chidester and Mike Mastey.

No comments:

Post a Comment