Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 91

Salut

Well i got to talk to the family for a moment yesterday but ill share a couple different thoughts from the week.
I haven't been in Fort de France since i got here because it's too far and we don't have the kilometers to just drive there all the time so i haven't seen Pierre Joesph, the recent convert who got cancer before i left.  So here's the run down.  i had been talking to him on Guadeloupe. He had been flown to France to get better treatment. The cancer is in his liver and pancreas so he was in France for 2 months and we talked on the phone often.  He's now back in Fort de France and since i was driving to the church in FDF i decided i would drop by to see him.
It was weird being back in the old area. It hasn't been terribly long but it was weird being there again.  I called into his house and he could see it was the missionaries so he said "come in." When i walked in i was "fawaka" which is talkie talkie for what's up. It was just something he always said to me when i was here and he jumped up and said SACKLI!  He grabbed me and hugged me for a while and he just kept saying "my friend my friend" over and over again.  It was a real special moment. i love pierre joseph.  We caught up for a while. He's going to start another treatment later this month till November.  He's lost a lot of weight but he's doing well.  He wants to come to the US in 2017 so me and elder belnap can hang out with him ahahah.  I have it all on video and its my favorite video ever.
A rather insignificant moment that i have been thinking about a lot this week...

We were contacting a house and a big white metropole lady came out instantly stating "there is no God i don't want to hear it. There are wars, sickness etc.  There is no God." Somehow i salvaged the contact and we talked for a moment and she said "ok ill show you a miracle."

We walked onto her porch and she showed us a hummingbird's nest and than went on to show us A TON of beautiful photos of the hummingbird feeding the babies and it was actually really impressive.  Like i was loving it.  The thought came to me "this is the proof of me. Wars, sickness, etc is a proof of the opposition."  I didn't roll my eyes at the thought, but i was still like "Ok, yes but this is a white metropole. She's going to bite my head off"  but the impression came again and so i testified of all things pointing back to a God and a supreme creator and that her photos were a testimony of our message.  The things that were stopping her was proof of a devil not a God.  She stopped for a moment the spirit was very strong, and than she just pushed back in with "no god no god no god" but i knew she felt it and if anything else it was a moment for me.
Yessay
Elder Logan Robert Sackley




Random stuff ...







A whole bunch of shenanigans from the week ...





Fort de France




Ok he never smiles in photos. I don't know why, but it was a good day!

Back in Fort de France

No comments:

Post a Comment