Wednesday, December 3, 2014

week 19

December?

What a joke! I have a nice fresh sun burn that disagrees with that. I'm starting to see that it doesn't make a difference what time of the year it is, its just going to be hot here.  Last Saturday was transfer calls: the verdict is.... The dream team will be staying together for another transfer in Cayenne! Pretty sweet because I really like it here and I like Elder Smith a lot.  

Today marks the end of my "trainee" title.  These two transfers really have blown by pretty fast, which is weird... when I look back in time everything just kinda feels like it mixes together, and all my memories swirl into a big blur.  But I for sure have learned a lot. Transfer two (transfers are every 6 weeks) was excellent.  We set a goal beginning of our first transfer together to to baptize three people.  We ended up with zero people in that first transfer, and it was our own fault.  Transfer two was a lot about redemption and making up for where we fell short.  We set the same goal again for three baptisms in the second transfer and worked hard all transfer for it and ended up accomplishing it.

I think thats what I love most about the gospel in general.  It was not given to us by our Heavenly Father so that we can be perfect or to get it right the first time.  We have it to continually strive to be better and when we fall short, we must pick ourselves right back up and try harder and get it the next time.  I always loved the quote "it doesnt matter how many times you fall down, all that matters is how many times you get back up".  We got knocked down a bunch this transfer but we kept getting back up and moving forward, putting our trust in the Lord. 

I am very excited for a third transfer in Cayenne. I know it will be tough and I am sure we will get knocked down a lot but I can't wait to get back up and keep moving forward.

love,
Elder Logan Robert Sackley


Bannanes pese for the thanksgiving night fiest
we made an apple pie on thanksgiving!!
me and the man the myth the legend: Frere Bady. Frere Bady he is always sick or tired or both.  The most clothes he wears outside of church is a towel or a sheet.
Elder Lever is leaving for Guadelope. I love this guy and hope i can serve with him again


No comments:

Post a Comment